asm error 113 with swordfish

Discuss the Firewing development environment

asm error 113 with swordfish

Postby W4GNS » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:38 am

I cannot compile using the Swordfish compiler using the most recent version 2.2.2.5 without getting asm error 113, unless I include the device inc/bas file in the project file. I did not have this issue before updating Swordfish to the most recent version today. Today I also used Jerry's tool to add new device files to Swordfish, so I'm unsure which update may have caused this problem. Any ideas?
Firewing works fine still with Picbasic Pro Gold, and of course with the Firewing compiler.
Do I also need to use Jerry's device file updater to update Firewing includes? That's the only other option I can think of.
W4GNS

Re: asm error 113 with swordfish

Postby Jerry Messina » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:39 am

Good to see you back!

Could you give some more details about what you're trying to compile so I could try and replicate it?
For the Error 113, does it tell you which symbol it doesn't like?
Jerry Messina

Postby W4GNS » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:43 am

Jerry Messina wrote:Good to see you back!

Could you give some more details about what you're trying to compile so I could try and replicate it?
For the Error 113, does it tell you which symbol it doesn't like?

Hi Jerry
Any file produces the error, I have the ds18b20 sample program at the moment loaded. With around 20 symbol errors. The first symbol error is EEPGD, plus a lot more.

Is there a text log of the errors somewhere that the compiler generates that I could copy and paste all the errors?

At any rate the issue is not a big problem for me, as I can just copy/paste the 2 files to my project directory. But I guess you and David would like to know how I managed to screw up, for future reference.

Again the Firewing compiler has no problems, nor PB pro through the Firewing IDE.
W4GNS

Postby Coccoliso » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:26 am

Hi W4GNS,
only now I was reminded of this problem and I had spoken here http://www.firewing.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=160#p916
I do not know if this can serve but I had resolved by creating a folder for include into Swordfish folder http://www.firewing.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=160&start=10#p929 and this has definitely solved the problems of includes.
Coccoliso

Postby Jerry Messina » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:43 am

Is there a text log of the errors somewhere that the compiler generates that I could copy and paste all the errors?

The .fwp project file should have the latest errors in it (it's a text file)
Code: Select all
[Status]
Message=Compilation errors
Image=3
[COMPILE_ERROR]
ITEM_0=ERROR, |D:\Firewing\Samples\OneWire\progDS18B20.bas|, 25, 1, |Left side cannot be assigned to|
ITEM_1=ERROR, |D:\Firewing\Samples\OneWire\progDS18B20.bas|, 25, 1, |Identifier not declared : eepgd|

Something else to keep in mind when using Firewing w/Swordish is that there needs to be a device .bas file in the Firewing\Includes folder too... it's not enough to just use the Swordfish SystemGenerator to update/create the files.

There's a Firewing version of the SystemGenerator here. The sysgen08_v12 version should pretty much match the latest Swordfish one.

When you update the device .bas files it's a good idea to make sure that you update MPASM.exe and the 8bit_device.* files to go along with it. For Swordfish, MPASM is in the Swordfish\Bin folder and for Firewing it's in the Firewing\Bin\Toolsuite\Firewing08 folder (you probably don't need to update the Firewing08 version since that only supports a few devices, but if you do that's where it lives)
Jerry Messina

Return to Development Environment