You can download the free to use, unrestricted Firewing 32 bit compiler here. Don't forget, this board will also work with any Microchip 32 bit based compiler.
Firewing hardware is based around a powerful Microchip 32 bit microcontroller that can can be clocked at up to 40MHz (20 MIPS). An easy to use USB interface is provided, enabling you to both program your board and send and receive serial data to and from your PC. The board can be powered from the USB port or by an external supply, providing both 3.3v and 5v supplies for any connected shields or devices.
There are 21 input / output pins, 6 of which can be configured for analog input (ADC) and 5 for Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). Simply plug in some devices and sensors into the sockets or use a dedicated shield to get things going. The board itself is pin compatible with the Arduino UNO.
- Installing the USB Drivers
- Main Board Pins
- Input / Output
- PC Interface
- Download Schematic
- Firewing to PIC Pin Mappings
- Using the Firewing 32 compiler with chipKIT UNO
Board Dimensions : 69mm x 53 mm
Weight : 24g
Click on one of the following links for instructions on how to install the USB drivers for your particular operating system.
- Installing the USB driver for Windows XP OS
- Installing the USB driver for Windows 7 OS
- Installing the USB driver for Windows 8 OS
You can download a PDF of the above diagram from here.
|Flash ROM||132 KB|
|Operating Frequency||40 MHz (20 MIPS)|
|Total I/O Pins||21|
|Analog Inputs||of which 6 can be configured as analog input|
|PWM||of which 5 can be configured for hardware PWM|
|Pin Voltage||3.3v with additional 5v tolerant pins - see here|
|Pin Current||Sink or source 10mA|
|USB||CDC - Serial USB|
|Power Connector||5.5mm x 2.1mm centre positive|
|Input Voltage||6V to 12V (9V recommended) - see note 1|
|5V||800mA available - see note 2|
|3.3V||300mA available - see note 3|
- Note 1 - Regulator maximum is 20V, but may cause too much heat over 12V
- Note 2 - 500mA maximum when powered from USB
- Note 3 - Taken from 5V current
- Firewing for PIC32 loader firmware. Includes pre-built *.hex file and source files.
- Firewing USB firmware. Version 1.1. Includes all source code and CDC windows driver *.inf file.
The following PDF files give the actual PIC microcontroller pin name for each Firewing pin.