Windows 10

Discuss the Firewing development environment

Windows 10

Postby richardb » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 am

Hi I hope you can help me, I have a windows 10 PC at work and firewing on that is a terrible experience, I'm sure a lot of people would just give up. I just can t get it to work. even after the driver signing faf it just wont work so after compiling the loader runs and just sits showing programming and never finishes. i have tried this in 2 other computers running windows 10 and I get the same thing. It shows up fine in device manager as "firewing communications port"

my machine is dual boot and it works fine on windows 7 but it's not practical for me to use that.

Any suggestions on this would be great.

Richard
richardb

Re: Windows 10

Postby Coccoliso » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:40 am

Hi,

I had these problems going from 7 to 8.1 (http://www.firewing.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=260&hilit=windows+10#p1433) and since then I disabled windows smartscreen which is a protection that comes into action when an exe tries to run another exe and this would seem your problem.
Smartscreen should only work in IE but is also active in file explorer.

Another thing I did with windows 10 is to disable windows defender on all root of firewing and swordfish installation folders (c: \ program files (x86) \ Mecanique \ Firewing and c: \ program files (x86) \ Mecanique \ Swordfish )

I have the Italian version of SO so I can not help you with the sequence to get to these settings.
Use currently Firewing without problems and these predispositions have always worked on more machines from windows 8.1 to now.

Then there is the signed driver but if you find the correct driver in device management there should be no problem in your case.
Coccoliso

Postby richardb » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 pm

ok so I couldn't disable smart screen filtering as there is no option to do that in the windows 10 version that I have at work maybe as it doesn't use windows defender but Malwarebytes.

so trying at home...
when plugging in, FW comes up as a new comport. Is there any way i can set this as the port used by the bootloader?

these are the standard parameters
$long-hex-filename$ -cfirewing -dtr=on -mcu=$target-device$ -bid=$board-id$
if I try to programm I get
"UNABLE TO locate Firewing"

IF I ADD THE FOLLOWING -cCOM5
-cCOM5 $long-hex-filename$ -cfirewing -dtr=on -mcu=$target-device$ -bid=$board-id$
this time i get " An unknown loader error has occurred"

Richard
richardb

Postby richardb » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:12 pm

ok so I just disabled the signing and installed the driver in the firewing driver folder and now it seems to work!!.
I'm not sure how this is different to my work setup apart from the malwarebytes software but i'll re try again at work.

thanks for your help.
richardb

Return to Development Environment