FT800 (FTDI Eve)

Share code examples with other users

Re: FT800 (FTDI Eve)

Postby skartalov » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:09 am

Just want to confirm, that after adding the following two lines of code at the end of FT800 module, now the sound works on my VM800C43A DEMO Board!
Attachments
IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0234.JPG (206.92 KiB) Viewed 18640 times
skartalov

Postby Coccoliso » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:25 am

Hello,
with the FT800 you can set the brightness of the backlight through a register that controls the duty cycle of the LED driver.
I have added two sub that set this register in the FT800.bas module:

Code: Select all
'********************************************************************************
'* Name    : TurnOff                                                            *
'* Purpose : Set backlight duty to 0%                                           *
'********************************************************************************
Public Sub TurnOff()
    wr32(REG_PWM_DUTY,0)
End Sub

'* Name    : TurnOn                                                             *
'* Purpose : Set backlight duty to Duty value,                                  *
'*           Duty at 0% for backlight OFF                                       *
'*           Duty at 128% for max intensity                                     *
Public Sub TurnOn(Duty As Byte = 128)
    wr32(REG_PWM_DUTY, Duty)   
End Sub

Coccoliso

Postby victor-sysmetric » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:17 am

David John Barker, a FT800 MASTER =))

1 simple question:
is there any way to update a single text/numeric value on the screen, without clear and draw again all other data ? (clear function ... "draw everything again and again" .... swap)

i'm asking that because now i'm redrawing the screen 10 times per sec, and its looks a huge waste of runtime... when i actually need to change 2-3 numerics ... :shock:
victor-sysmetric

Postby David John Barker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Thanks for the compliment but overstating the truth. Anyway...

> i'm asking that because now i'm redrawing the screen 10 times per sec, and its
> looks a huge waste of runtime

The FT800 is designed to work like that so I wouldn't worry about it. However, if you feel there is room for improvement then you could try clearing just a small area (draw a filled rectangle) then draw the number.
David John Barker

Postby skartalov » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:35 am

Looks like its time to invest some effort for someone to build a library for RA8875 graphic ic, which is new cheap interface with similiar functions as FT800.

A board with 5' tft 800x480 with sd cars socket and other usefull stuff is 30 usd on buydisplay.com

Just can imagine what kind of devices could be build aroud that!
skartalov

Postby Coccoliso » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi,
Ok for the price..
it has been around at least four years and has no gadget by defaults so you have to build buttons, gauge, scroolbar (etc) with circles, triangles and squares then it seems to me that it work with uncompressed bitmap ( not JPEG or BIN images ).
There are two libraries for Arduino (and family) that can be converted but I remain of the opinion that FT800 is better, it draws all with no other logic and it works well at 20MHz with a PIC18 also.
Coccoliso

Previous

Return to Code Examples